This is a legally binding agreement (the “Agreement”) between L.I.M. Tech Limited, the provider (“we”, “our” or “us”) and you, the user of the JURU online and/or digital services (the “Services”) which sets out the Terms and Conditions of your use of the Services available on the site.
1. Confirmation of Acceptance
- By registering for, accessing, browsing and/or using the Services , you acknowledge that you have read, understood and fully agreed to be bound by all the terms of this Agreement. If you do not in any way agree to accept any of the Terms of this Agreement, you should not use the Service.
2. Licence and Restrictions on Use
- You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, limited licence (the “Licence”) to access and use the Services in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
- Your licence only allows you to use the Services for research or/and study or/and for providing professional services to your clients.
- All of the site’s content, features and functionalities are the exclusive property of L.I.M. Tech Limited and are protected by Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“HKSAR”) and international copyright laws and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- The Services are only provided for use in HKSAR. You agree not to use the Services anywhere outside HKSAR.
- You hereby consent to our use of personal information collected from you or your Authorised Users (as defined below) for the purpose of providing customer support, billing and other similar activities related to the Services, and also any other promotional purposes of LIM Tech Limited and its related companies and business partners. If you do not wish to receive any such promotional materials.
- Authorised Users refers to those who are entitled to access and use our site, limited to your employees, students, support personnel and barristers within your chamber authorized by both us and you.
4. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
- The Services are provided on an “as is” basis. We do not provide any warranties or representations, whether express or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability, completeness, currentness, or timeliness of any contents on the site. Any terms contrary to this which may be implied by trade or customs are hereby negated.
- You acknowledge and accept that
- the contents of the Services and any contents generated from the Services might be outdated, inaccurate, incomplete or erroneous; and
- the information or content generated from the Services might be subject to irretrievable data loss or unwanted distortion.
- We, our associates, our officer, director, employer, subcontractor, agent, successor or assign of us or our associates (“Our Related Parties”) shall not be liable for any loss, damages, injury or any other liability arising directly or indirectly from or in relation to the use of the Services and/or the reliance on any contents of or generated by the Services. This includes, but is not limited to, loss arising from the following:
- Error(s) in the Service, contents of the Service or information or contents generated by the Services;
- Interruption or unavailability of the provision of the Services;
- Your use or misuse of the Services generally;
- Your use or misuse of any equipment in connection to the Services;
- Any delay or failure in the performance or delivery of results generated by the Services; or
- Any negligence of us or Our Related Parties (as defined above) in connection to the performance under this Agreement.
- We are not liable for any personal injury, including death, incurred by your use or misuse of the Site and its Content
- Any claims arising in connection with your use of the site or any content must be brought within one (1) year of the date of the event giving rise to such action occurred. In the event that we or Our Related Parties are held liable to pay you any compensation, such liability shall be limited to a refund of the amount you have paid for the use of the Services in the 365 days preceding the date of the event giving rise to such action occurred or your actual damage, whichever is less. Payment of such liability shall constitute a full discharge of liability on the part of us and Our Related Parties, and no other type of remedies shall be available.
- Neither we nor Our Related Parties (as defined above) will be liable for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any kind that results directly or indirectly from or arise in connection to the Services or failure of any limited party to perform its obligation(s), notwithstanding any negligence or misconduct of any limited party. This includes, but is not limited to, legal fees and the loss of opportunities, profits, contracts, business or data.
- Except that the assigns or successor of LIM Tech Limited may exercise any rights of Lim Tech Limited, this Agreement should be enforceable by any third party. The application of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance (Cap 623 LHK) is hereby expressly excluded.
- You use the Services solely at your own risk. We do not warrant or make any representation or guarantee as to cyber security and shall not be liable in any way for any data or loss or damage caused to your business or system in any way which is caused directly or indirectly by the use of the Services.
5. No Legal Advice Intended
- Nothing in this Agreement or any usage of the Services shall be construed as creating any lawyer-client relationship. We are not subject to any professional duties and liabilities of a practising lawyer.
- The Content available on the site is not intended to be a substitute for professional and proper legal advice. The Services provided are for reference purpose only. Always seek the advice of a practicing lawyer with any legal questions you may have. Never disregard proper legal advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on our site.
6. Links from our Site
- The Services contain links to external third party websites (the “Websites”). We do not endorse any information contained on any of the third party sites. We are not responsible for the availability of the Websites nor their content. We do not:
- Make any warranty or representation, express or implied, to the use of the Websites provided or accessed in the Services;
- Guarantee the accuracy, veracity, reliability or completeness of the content in these Websites;
- Guarantee the usefulness or adequacy of the contents in the Websites linked to the Services;
- Make any endorsement, express or implied, of any websites that might be linked to the Services.
7. Price and Payment
- The subscription fees and any other charges payable by you for using our Services shall be per the rates in effect at the time at which it is charged.
- We may revise the pricing for the Services offered to you at any time.
- We may offer free trials, at our sole discretion, for a specified period of time without payment. We reserve the right to revoke your free trial at any time.
- Payment for the Services can be made by such a method as we may introduce at its absolute discretion.
- We reserve the right to accept or refuse any payment.
- We are not required to provide a refund for any reason.
- You are free to stop using our Services and Materials at any time.
- We reserve the right to terminate your nonexclusive, non transferable, revocable, limited license or our Services at any time without providing any reason.
- We, in our sole discretion, may terminate your access to the Services if your conduct is found to be unlawful, or in violation to this Agreement. We shall not be liable for any refund or compensation or loss as a result of such termination of website access.
- We reserve the right to alter any terms or to add or delete any terms to this Agreement or to cancel or change any feature or function of the Services unilaterally at any time without prior notice.
10. Governing Law
- This Agreement is governed and construed by the laws of HKSAR. Each party agrees that the courts of HKSAR shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of this Agreement or the use of the Services.
- All notice or correspondence to you shall be in writing by post to your last known address or by email or by display electronically in the JURU site. Notices to you shall be deemed properly given on the date of postage or email despatch or when it is first made available to you in the site, whichever is the earliest. Notices to us should be sent to us by post to our registered address.
- Failure to enforce any term(s) in this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or estoppel of the right to enforce such term(s).
- If any of the Terms in this Agreement is deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the remaining provisions. The validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.